This policy is updated from time to time to keep it up todate with legal requirements.. The latest version is published on this page.
The Data Controller responsible for this website is The Asociation of Old Vehicle Clubs in Northern Ireland Limited, our registration number is
NI 13380 who can be contacted at the registered office 38 Ballymaconnell Road, Bangor, Co. Down, BT20 5PS and by email to
This website contains links to third-party websites, which have their own datacontrollers and privacy policies.
We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide products and services including entering one of our events, notifying you of future events or news of interest to old vehicle owners and to enable certain functions on this website.
We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
What data we gather
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address.
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- Details of vehicle details and meal preferences for Events entered.
- Other information relevant to enquiries.
- Other information pertaining to special offers and surveys.
- Details you have submitted in any advertisements you place on our website Buy & Sell section.
- For AOVC Club Secretaries & Delegates the name of your Club and contact details for your 3 nominated AOVC Delegates eligible to attend AOVC Meetings.
How we use this data
Collecting this data enables us to process any entries you submit and comply with our contractual obligations when you enter an AOVC event, become the Secretary and/or Delegate of an AOVC affiliated Club and helps us understand what you are looking from the association, enabling us to deliver improved products and services.
Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- In the organisation of any AOVC events you have entered.
- To provide pre/post event publicity and provide entrants with a list of all enbtrants and details of each vehicle entered.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails, newsletters about events, products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you. You can "unsubscribe" at any time by clicking the link at the bottom of all our newsletters.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail.
- To comply with legal and statutory requirements.
- As you may authorise or consent to from time to time.
How we protect and store your personal information
We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical measures and procedures to protect all the personal information you share with us and safeguard the privacy of such information.
These include the use of Transport Layer Security (TLS also known as SSL "secure sockets layer") for transmitting data submitted via our website. This is industry standard encryption used to protect online transaction channels.
We work closely with a number of service providers for the provision of services on our behalf and in these cases will ensure your data is secure and will not be used for marketing purposes.
Apart from above we do not sell or share your personal data with any other parties.
Our site is hosted with Blacknight Internet Solutions Limited (Company Number: 370845).
Unit 12A, Barrowside Business Park, Sleaty Road, Graiguecullen, Carlow, Ireland R93 X265.
Blacknight logs all visits to our website in order to determine the causes of reported faults and to detect and block suspicious traffic. The log records the time of the visit, your IP address, the requested resource, the referring site if specified by your browser and your browser's user agent string (which will usually include the name and version of your browser and operating system). Log files are deleted after ninety days.
Facebook page widget.
Twitter profile widget.
Cookies and how we use them
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer's hard drive. It enables our website to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit.
Controlling information about you
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to:
- Opt-in to receive from us Entry Forms for future events from the AOVC.
- Opt-in to receive marketing communications from our third-party partners.
If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
How the law protects you
Data protection laws state that we are only able to process personal data if we have valid reasons to do so. The basis for processing your personal data includes, but is not limited to, your consent, performance of a contract to enter an AOVC event, inform AOVC affiliated Club Secretaries & Delegates with information relevant to their Club & it's members and processing an advertisement on our Buy and Sell section.
The General Protection Data Regulation (GDPR) includes the following rights for individuals.
- The right to be informed.
- The right of access.
- The right to rectification.
- The right to erasure.
- The right to restrict processing.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to object.
- The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
There are legal and accountancy reasons why we need to keep your data and for this reason we will keep your data for seven years.
We will always hold your information securely.
To prevent unauthorised disclosure or access to your information, we have implemented strong physical and electronic security safeguards in cluding BitLocker encryption and secure backups.
We also follow stringent procedures to ensure we work with all personal data in line with the GDPR.
Links from our site
Our website may contain links to other websites.
Please note that we have no control of websites outside the AOVC domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website including adverts you have submitted you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.